Let’s just face facts: Beyonce is the epitome of being dope af. Strategically, she has built a stellar career as a singer, songwriter, actress plus more all while loving & being an equal partner with her man and co-creating 3 beautiful little humans. From taking maternity leave after delivering twins to selling out stadiums worldwide less than 9 months later while dropping secret albums, as a business owner I cannot help but to admire this melanin female entrepreneur.
As Sheryl Sandberg once stated, “Beyonce doesn’t just sit at the table. She builds a better one.” She continued, “Her secret is hard work, honesty, and authenticity. And her answer to the question, ‘What would you do if you weren’t afraid? appears to be ‘Watch me. I’m about to do it.’” Here are 9 quotes from the birthday girl that will give you the confidence to run the world.
1. “I am a woman and when I think, I must speak.”
2. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
3. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.”—Cosmopolitan
4. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”—GQ
5. “I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything?”—Vogue
6. “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”—Complex Magazine
7. “I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.”—Billboard
8. “If you’ve been doing all you can and it’s not happening for you, go out and have you a good old time. Put on your sexy dress and move on.”—Marie Claire
9. “Do what you were born to do. You just have to trust yourself.”—Cosmopolitan
Which quotes and/or song lyrics from Beyonce inspired & empowered you? Leave a comment below or contact me here and I will feature it in a follow-up post!